Six Tips For Sensuality
Contact me now if you want to find out more about the above
Many people think that being sensual is about dressing in sexy cloths and enhancing their physical appearance. This isn’t really the case. In reality sensuality starts in the mind and can only manifest itself in the physical by having the right attitude towards yourself, others and the natural world you live in. Here are six tips to discover and increase your self-sensuality
- The clue is in the word. SENSuality has everything to do with your senses. Pay attention to your senses and carefully listen so that you recognize the things that make you feel alive. What smells make you flourish and what do you see that really gets you excited inside? What are the sounds that give your spirit a real lift and what is it that when it comes in contact with your skin gives you a real buzz. When you taste pay attention to what it is that satisfies your soul instead of your tummy then you might just be on the right track to a more sensual life. Your senses are key to your continuing journey of true sensuality.
- Think sensuality instead of thinking sexuality. Although there is a definite overlap between sensuality and sexuality they are very different things. Sexuality is all around us. Our sexuality shows in how we act or don’t act. It shows in what we wear or don’t wear and often shows in how we behave. Basically sexuality is obvious whereas sensuality is much more subtle. Sensuality is at its most powerful when you immerse yourself in your surroundings. It is about making a conscious note of what you touch hear see taste and smell. Sensuality is converting the physical into the emotional and allowing those emotions to flood your whole being
- Understand what it is that makes you feel great inside. What does your bedroom look like and more importantly how does it make you feel? Is it cluttered? Does the colour scheme need changed? Are there light bulbs missing or clothes pied in the corner? Is the odor more of smelly socks than sensual sustenance? Look at all aspects of your life (relationships, work, home etc.) in the same way and ask which, if any, make you feel good. Once you have each area feeling good then work on turning good into great and then great into sensual.
- Get to know yourself. How often, if ever, do you spend getting to know yourself. Too busy? That is just a poor excuse …. make time….. it is important! Spend time alone getting to know yourself. Don’t mix up being alone with spending time along so that you get to know yourself. If you wanted to get to know me, the best way to do that is not just to spend time with me but to ask me questions. The better you get to know me the more in-depth and intimate the questions can be. The same goes for yourself. Spend time talking and listening to yourself. Spend time looking at yourself in a mirror and when you wash or brush your hair, take the opportunity to enjoy the sensation instead of it just being something that needs to be done to keep your face clean and your hair tidy.
- When you bathe, bathe with the primary aim to nourish your body instead of clean it. Cleansing will occur anyway. Make time for a bath or shower even if it means getting up half an hour earlier than you would normally. Prepare the bathroom so that you feel some kind of connection with your surroundings. Some people achieve this by using candles and lots of fragrance in their bath by adding oils. This may be right for you but it could just as easily be bathing in complete darkness or just having a simple bath with nothing added. It is about the mind-set with which you bath that is important. Feel the water against your skin as it covers every part of your body and get into places not normally touched. Our bodies are made up of somewhere between 40% and 75% water and bathing not only cleanses the skin but rejuvenates the body physically as well as the mind emotionally.
- Notice the sensuality in other people. Remember this isn’t about what they are wearing or how flirty they are with you. It is not about how sexy they are or how attracted you are to them. It is about something deeper. All humans are connected through energy as we are all basically made up of energy. We often instantly “click” with someone we have never met before even before we have had much of an opportunity to get to know them. Use this energy connection to be aware of those you connect sensually with. Energy can then transfer between you and the other person without any form or physical touch. Just as you give off sensual energy for others to connect with you too can connect with people who do the same for you.